Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Garden of Eden

I miss the garden of eden. The garden where adam and eve walked their first steps. Where they tasted the forbidden fruit. Where they met and loved. Where they existed and became eternal.

All I see as far as I can see is snow. White.Pale.Cold.Lonely.
There is Ice. Hard.
There is Ice that does not thaw.

You can run and walk on ice and mould it into shapes.But rigid and stubborn it remains.It does not budge.It does not give any room. It freezes in crevices.

I miss the spring where I saw the sunlight trapped in your hair. I miss the curve of your lashes and the way they half cover your eyes.
I miss the warmth.I long for a look from those half open eyes, that light up at my sight.

I wish the winter gets over before the frost gets to the root and kills it all.
I wish for love.

3 comments:

Pallav said...

Spring is nigh and the frozen ice shall thaw. Like they say, when there is a blizzard blowing, the tree that bends and lets the storm pass, is the one that is left standing at the end of it all. All will be green and vibrant again. I promise.

Sourajeet. Roy said...

Iguess winter is the anti-thesis of summer and much of the world depends on balance, yes even of seasons...so winter is inevitable. I like how u made the winter to be like a gloomy and uninhabbitable landscape....nice!!!!!!!!!! But maybe we love spring all the more for the hardships we have to go through to enjoy it!!!!!!!

Eva Rana said...

A woe-begone knight who has been left on the cliff by dat beautiful lady who enticed him under false pretension of love...
if dats d sun,d knight was longing for,in life den i m glad his fate made him meet DEATH...

"La belle dame sans merci"